The Best Endodontist Team in Colorado
Founded by Dr. David Ishley in 1981, Endodontic Specialists was and still is dedicated to the proposition that excellence, customer service, and compassion lead to a thriving, team-oriented dental specialty practice. More than four decades later, we remain very clear to our purpose – offering the “best endodontic care possible in a timely, caring manner.”
Our team prioritizes your comfort and care. From root canal treatments to cracked teeth to all other types of endodontic care, our team of dental specialists — active members of the American Association of Endodontists and the American Board of Endodontists — are committed to saving your natural teeth and providing the highest level of patient care through the most advanced treatment options.
What to expect at Your First Visit
What to expect at Your First Visit
We know the thought of endodontic or “root canal” treatment may cause uneasiness. Rest assured, when arriving at one of our specialty dental offices, you will be warmly welcomed by our team, who will help you complete the online registration forms (medical history, HIPAA, and consent) and answer any questions you may have.
An assistant will review your completed forms, take x-rays of your teeth, and gather preliminary diagnostic information. Your doctor will then review your x-rays and paperwork and talk with you about your symptoms prior to examining the tooth in question along with adjacent teeth.
Following your exam, we will discuss treatment options – including the benefits, risks, and prognoses associated with each choice – allowing you to make an informed decision on how to proceed. If electing for treatment, it may start immediately (if desired) depending on the severity of the issue, or be scheduled for a later date. Your comfort is our goal. If you have questions about sleep dentistry or pain management, please ask us about our sedation dentistry options.
Before, during, and after treatment, x-rays are taken to show progression and outcome of treatment, and to communicate with your referring dental office to ensure the best possible care. Using state-of-the art, research-backed technology, we always strive to complete endodontic treatments in one appointment when possible, though occasionally additional appointments or follow-up evaluations are needed.
A few other appointment reminders:
- Patients under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatory pain reliever medications (e.g. Advil, Ibuprofen, Aleve, Naprosyn, Naproxen) on the day of your appointment, unless directed by one of our endodontists.
- If you require medication prior to dental cleanings (i.e antibiotics for pre-medication such as heart or joint conditions), please contact your prescribing physician for medication and take them prior to your endodontic visit.
- Please bring the following documents with you:
- Referral form (or our filled out brochure/appointment card) and contact information from your referring dental office.
- Photo ID (driver’s license or passport), dental insurance and medical insurance ID cards.
- List of all medications and supplements, current dosage, and reason for use, any history of bisphosphonate medications, copy of your most recent INR if you are taking blood thinner medications such as Warfarin (Coumadin) and HbA1C readings for diabetes.
Our List of Accomplishments
Our highly trained staff is locally known for their award-winning customer service – all while keeping you comfortable throughout your treatment. See our list of recognition awards below:
- Record-Breaking, 5-Time Winner of Excellence in Customer Service Award — Better Business Bureau
- Top Dentists — 5280 – Denver’s Mile High Magazine
- Top Dentists — Colorado Springs Style Magazine
- Best Companies to Work for in Colorado — Coloradobiz Magazine
- Best Workplace — The Gazette Newspaper
- 5 Year Clinical Investigation of MB2 (Second Mesiobuccal) Canal in Endodontically Treated an Re-Treated Maxillary Molars — Journal of Endodontics
- Use of Magnetic Resonance Imaging and CBCT Imaging for Detecting Cracks/Fractures in Teeth — Journal of Endodontics
- Evaluation of a New Filing System’s Ability to Maintain Canal Morphology — Journal of Endodontics
- Large Clinical Cohort Study of Endodontic Rotary Instrument Performance — Journal of Endodontics
Meet Our Specialized
Dr. Brad Ross
Dr. Bradley Robert Ross received his doctorate in dental medicine from Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine in 2003. While on active duty, he completed a one-year...
Dr. Julie Be
Colorado Springs native Dr. Julie Be has worked in general dentistry and endodontics since 1995. She received her D.D.S. with honors from the University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine...
Dr. Matthew Thompson
Following assignments as an Army officer in military intelligence, Dr. Mathew B. Thompson was accepted to the Texas A&M Health Science Center Baylor College of Dentistry where he earned...
Dr. Bryan Horspool
Born and raised in southern California, Dr. Bryan L. Horspool received his D.D.S. from the University of Southern California School Of Dentistry in 2008...
Dr. Tyler Schuurmans
Dr. Tyler Schuurmans earned his D.D.S. from the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry in 2009. Upon graduation, he was commissioned as a captain in the...
Dr. Scott Johnson
Dr. Scott Johnson earned his dental degree from Oral Roberts University School of Dentistry in 1983. He then served in various capacities as a U.S. Navy Dental Officer on land and at...
Your Comfort Remains Our Priority After Treatment
Our dental specialty offices are conveniently located in Colorado Springs and Pueblo, and we aim to provide the best endodontic care in Colorado. We combine state-of-the-art equipment, modern anesthetics, and clinical expertise to provide a pain-free experience for you. We also work with you to prescribe any necessary medications and provide after-treatment instructions to limit any discomfort while recovering after endodontic treatment.
And, while we keep our offices open every Monday through Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., we know that tooth pain or discomfort can arise outside of our normal business hours. If you need assistance after hours, you can always contact one of our specialized doctors 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We are experts in saving teeth. Contact us today for an endodontic consultation!